Saturday, April 14, 2007

(another) Rear Window

It didnt dawn on me seeing Disturbia that it has the exact same plot line as the classic "Rear Window" that we watched for class. What suprised me most about the movie is that it actually wasn't that bad for being a direct rip off of a classic. I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone who plans to see it but the ending has a different twist making for some good entertainment. I posted a link to the trailer for anyone who might be interested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a good laugh when I saw that you had seen this movie. Being a somewhat of a movie buff "Disturbia" initially appeared as another piece of "Hollywood Regurgitation". Like you had said, the relevance and comparison to "Rear Window" is quite apparent. Of course rather than being injured the actor, Shia LaBeouf, is legally confined to his room. I was wondering what you had thought of the picture, whether or not its intellectually stimulating or just pure entertainment. How was David Morse as the "bad guy neighbor"?

Ryan Heenan said...

Ha i didnt plan on going to see disturbia but after pretty much everything else was sold out i decided to check it out. I mean its obviously this is a movie that isnt supposed to be intellectually stimulating but what movies are these days? Shia LaBeouf and David Morse both did a good job and it was different than most horror movies that come out in that there was a story line (although its been used a million times before) that made for an enjoyable movie.