Sunday, April 29, 2007

Stranger than fiction

I recently saw the movie "Stranger than Fiction" with Will Ferral (by the way, i didnt know that he could act). If you havent seen it, i reccomend it. Anyway, this movie made me think of a conversation we had in class about modernism, and art being self reflexive. Well this movie was definitely that, it had to with the main character, a IRS tax man, who finds himself being narrated by a woman who is writing a book about his life. This movie reminded me of "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", or "Adaption", I find these kind of movies very compelling. This movie, despite other of Will Ferral's comedies, had something much more admirable about it. It was intellegent and kept me thinking and guessing right untill the end. I believe that this modern way of making movies is a move in the right direction for film.

No comments: