Monday, April 16, 2007

Grindhouse

Lat night I went and vidied Grindhouse the action packs double feature of the 21st century. If you guys have not seen it is an extremely well done flick. I admired the most was how in Planet terror how often times, like a composer would compose music to set up a scene in the movie or backup emotional events and adding color, the visual effects were composed much in the same way. I found that many time certain color blotches or "Film artifacts" accented the plot or helped convey a particular emotion or feel. You would have to see it to see what I mean. Another thing I liked was that not necessarily did the film take from certain movies but rather it exploited styles. Some of which, especially in the editing style, were things that in the past were sort of uncontrollable physical things that came with wear and tear on the film i.e. missing reels, bad splices, scratchy appearance, color blobs etc, have now been reproduced digitally. I just thought this film would be good for some discussion so please if anybody has seen it give us your impressions!

No comments: